Honey and Chipotle Turkey Meatballs
If you are looking for a delicious sweet and savory recipe to take a break from boring lunch ideas, you need to try this recipe. The best thing about this recipe is its low fat, healthy and low in carbs. Furthermore, it is fulfilling so you don’t have to feel guilty after enjoying it.
This recipe has the perfect balance of sweet, and savory. To spice things up a bit, I add chipotle pepper. It adds the perfect Mexican heat to the recipe. I use grounded lean turkey for the meatball preparation.
The reason I use this specific portion is that the meatballs don’t dry out after they are baked. They stay juicy and tender. So, even if they are drenched in honey and chipotle glaze, you still get that meaty deliciousness.Print
Honey-Chipotle Meatball is a healthy twist on your lunch options. The sweet and sour flavor with meaty soft meatballs is a perfect treat if you are looking for healthy lunch ideas.
1 pound ground turkey (lean meat)
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp soya sauce
½ tsp salt
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup honey
1 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp adobo sauce
1 chipotle pepper, whole
½ tsp salt
- In a bowl, add ground turkey, soya sauce, salt, breadcrumbs, egg and mix well until everything Is combined.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Shape the meat mixture into small balls and place them on the baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- in a saucepan add chicken stock, honey, lemon juice, adobo sauce, chipotle pepper, and salt and place on medium heat.
- Stir until everything is combined well.
- Mix water and cornstarch together and pour it into the saucepan.
- Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add baked meatballs and mix well until they are covered in the glaze.
You can serve this dish with boiled white rice, brown rice, or roasted vegetables.
You can use ground chicken, pork, or beef instead of turkey.
You can also freeze baked or raw meatballs for up to a month so that you can use them to prepare a meal quickly.
You can skip adding chipotle pepper if you don’t want it to be spicy.
This dish complements several sides. Whether it’s mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, rice, or even couscous. The flavors can turn on everything for you.
Lastly, honey and chipotle meatballs are a perfect lunch option for working people. You can prepare meatballs and freeze them so when you need to prepare your lunch, you just have to work on the sauce. It’s a quick and easy fix that will satisfy your hunger.