There is nothing that can go with delicious meatballs with white sauce. This tasteful dish is inspired by the famous Swedish meatballs.
The addition of a creamy gravy enhances the taste of the meatballs, giving them a succulent and hearty feel.
This is a simple and two-step recipe. Preparation of the meatballs and sauce. Why I love this recipe, especially during the holidays, is that you can prepare meatballs ahead of time.Print
Meatballs In White Sauce
- Total Time: 1 hr.
- Yield: 4 1x
A perfect blend of beef and pork in a meatball along with white sauce is the most satisfying dish you can make. The tasteful meatballs and the creamy and heart filling sauce is a perfect treat for holidays and family gatherings. Add simple seasonings along with breadcrumbs as an essential ingredient that binds the meatballs together. The gravy gives the dish the creaminess and deliciousness it requires.
½ pound ground beef
½ pound ground pork
¾ cup milk
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 whole egg
1 tbsp onion powder
½ tsp white pepper powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups beef stock
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
½ cup sour cream
- In a bowl, add milk and breadcrumbs. Let them soak for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, pork, onion powder, white pepper, salt, and egg.
- Mix well using your hands until everything is well combined.
- Shape the mixture into small balls.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and place a mesh on top. Place the balls on the mesh.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 45 minutes.
- Once the meatballs are done, remove them and set them aside.
- Pour the drippings from the meatballs into a large pan.
- Place the pan over medium heat and add all-purpose flour.
- Stir continuously until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour beef stock into the pan and stir continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Let the broth simmer until the sauce gets thick.
- Pour the mixture over meatballs.
Before serving, garnish the dish with sour cream and parsley. You can serve this dish with boiled rice or mashed potatoes or a piece of bread.
Make sure you prepare the gravy just before serving the dish. If you make the gravy ahead, it won’t stay fresh, and its taste and texture will be compromised.
You can prepare the meatballs ahead of time and refrigerate them in an airtight container. Freeze them either baked or unbaked for as long as three months.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
So, if you are running late or have unexpected guests over, pop these meatballs out of the fridge, prepare the gravy, and you are good to go.
Indulge yourself in the deliciousness, creaminess, and comfort of this meatball recipe. And impress everyone with your culinary skills.