Personally, I LOVE pasta. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even in between! And with that, I am being serious. 🙂 But I do like to keep my pasta simple, and that is why I fell in love with Aglio Olio myself.
Out of all the endless list of pasta recipes out there, this is probably one of the easiest. It is something that you can pull together when you are in a hurry to cook for lunch. You can even prepare it in the morning and take it to work so that you can have an excellent meal later in the day. And no worries, you won’t be late for work because you can make Spaghetti Aglio Olio in just half an hour. Yes, that’s all it takes.
What about the ingredients? Well, you won’t have to worry about making a trip to the grocery store either because you might already have the main ingredients in your kitchen. The only thing that you might need to buy is the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. That plus garlic, olive oil, fresh parsley, some simple seasonings, and, of course, spaghetti pasta, and you are good to go.Print
There are many spaghetti Aglio olio recipes available, but this right here is an Italian classic, which involves the original method of slowly toasting the garlic slices first in olive oil. Just make sure it turns golden brown so you can get the full flavor.
With perfectly cooked garlic, there is no doubt that you will have the most sumptuous Spaghetti Aglio Olio!
1 lb uncooked spaghetti
6 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (or to taste)
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 c. chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 c. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Add a little bit of salt to a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat and slowly toast garlic for about 10 minutes.
- When olive oil starts to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook garlic for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper into the pasta. Pour in olive oil and garlic, and then sprinkle with Italian parsley and half of the cheese. Stir until combined.
- Top with the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve.
- When cooking the pasta, make sure that it is cooked through but firm to the bite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
This classic pasta dish is a favorite of many people all over the world. And like what we have said, it comes with variations. You are free to eat it as is. Or if you want to take it to the next level, you can also add some shrimps to it. If you want it to be spicy, you can stir in chopped red chilis as well.