There are many spaghetti Aglio olio recipes available, but this right here is an Italian classic, which involves the original method of slowly toasting the garlic slices first in olive oil. Just make sure it turns golden brown so you can get the full flavor.
With perfectly cooked garlic, there is no doubt that you will have the most sumptuous Spaghetti Aglio Olio!
1 lb uncooked spaghetti
6 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (or to taste)
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 c. chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 c. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Add a little bit of salt to a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat and slowly toast garlic for about 10 minutes.
- When olive oil starts to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook garlic for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper into the pasta. Pour in olive oil and garlic, and then sprinkle with Italian parsley and half of the cheese. Stir until combined.
- Top with the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve.
- When cooking the pasta, make sure that it is cooked through but firm to the bite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes