Honey-Chipotle Meatball is a healthy twist on your lunch options. The sweet and sour flavor with meaty soft meatballs is a perfect treat if you are looking for healthy lunch ideas.
1 pound ground turkey (lean meat)
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp soya sauce
½ tsp salt
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup honey
1 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp adobo sauce
1 chipotle pepper, whole
½ tsp salt
- In a bowl, add ground turkey, soya sauce, salt, breadcrumbs, egg and mix well until everything Is combined.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Shape the meat mixture into small balls and place them on the baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- in a saucepan add chicken stock, honey, lemon juice, adobo sauce, chipotle pepper, and salt and place on medium heat.
- Stir until everything is combined well.
- Mix water and cornstarch together and pour it into the saucepan.
- Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add baked meatballs and mix well until they are covered in the glaze.
You can serve this dish with boiled white rice, brown rice, or roasted vegetables.
You can use ground chicken, pork, or beef instead of turkey.
You can also freeze baked or raw meatballs for up to a month so that you can use them to prepare a meal quickly.
You can skip adding chipotle pepper if you don’t want it to be spicy.