Egg benedict is the perfect and luxurious breakfast that you can enjoy on your day off. Made with perfectly poached eggs that have runny yolks is the perfect combination with the toasty muffin.
To take the dish to a next level, pour in delicious and creamy hollandaise sauce to give it a wholesome taste and texture.
If you think making an egg benedict is a difficult task, think again! We bring to you a super easy recipe so that you can give yourself a luxury treatment.
The star of this recipe is the hollandaise sauce. Although you might find several different recipes, this one is by far the best I have ever tried. It is silky, smooth, rich, and utterly delicious.
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
Enjoy the perfect egg benedict that has a toasty muffin, perfectly poached eggs topped with creamy sauce. Sprinkle chives to add freshness and color to the egg benedict.
For Hollandaise Sauce:
¼ cup heavy cream
2 egg yolks
¼ cup butter, melted and unsalted
¾ tsp lemon juice
½ tsp Dijon mustard
A pinch cayenne
A pinch salt
A pinch of black pepper
For Egg Benedict
2 English muffins, cut into half
½ tsp vinegar
4 bacon slices
- Fill a medium saucepan with a cup of water and place a glass bowl over it. Let the water simmer.
- Add heavy cream, lemon juice, egg yolks, cayenne pepper, and Dijon mustard in the bowl and continue to whisk until the sauce thickens up. Reduce the heat and pour in melted butter slowly and stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan add water and vinegar and bring it to boil.
- Crack eggs and drop them in boiling water. Let them cook until the egg whites turn white for 4 minutes.
- Scope the eggs out and transfer them to a paper towel.
- In a skillet, add bacon and cook them until they are ready.
- Toast muffins in a toaster oven.
Place a slice of bacon on the muffin and top it up with a poached egg. Pour hollandaise sauce. Garnish with chopped chives.
For preparing the hollandaise sauce, make sure the bowl base doesn’t touch the water.
To check the thickness of the sauce, use a wooden spoon, and dip it in the sauce if it coats the back, it means it is ready.
Also, make sure the temperature of the sauce is 160-degree C.
Use a slotted spoon to take the poached eggs out of the water.
You can add tomato slices as well.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
The sauce binds everything up and it is finger-licking good.
You can use tomato slices or Canadian bacon. The pairing of different flavors along with the freshness of chives as a garnish is heavenly.
Try this recipe at home and I bet you will fall in love with it!