Healthy Rice Cakes For Breakfast
Rice cakes are a unique twist in your same old breakfast menu. It is a perfect combination of crispy outsides of the toasted rice with the fluffy middle soaked with the flavor of vanilla and cinnamon.
This pancake-styled concoction is a healthy start to your day and, when paired with decadent Nutella and bananas, add an element to freshness and richness in the dish.
What makes this recipe healthy is the use of brown rice and brown sugar. Brown rice is one of the healthiest starches and gluten alternatives.Print
The crunchy and fluffy goodness of rice with the mouthwatering flavor of cinnamon and vanilla is a perfect breakfast twist in your life. eThe quick and easy to make rice cakes can be served with not just Nutella and banana but also with any of your favorite fruits or toppings. Whatever you serve it with, the texture and flavor of this healthy cake will make you have them for breakfast and for brunches also.
1 cup brown rice, boiled
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp vanilla extracts
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
A pinch salt
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp Nutella
1 banana, peeled and sliced
- In a medium bowl, add egg and whisk it.
- Add brown sugar, rice, vanilla extracts, cinnamon powder, salt, and mix until everything is combined.
- In a non-stick pan, add oil and place it on the stove over medium heat.
- Scoop the mixture with an ice-cream scooper and pour it into the pan.
- Pat the mixture to form a disc. Sauté the cake on one side and flip it to cook the other side after 2 minutes.
- Once both sides are golden, remove it from the pan onto the plate.
Serve the rice cakes with Nutella on top and garnish with sliced fresh banana and chia seeds.
Make sure the brown rice is perfectly cooked; otherwise, the cakes will be chewy and hard.
You can use different fruits to top the cakes. Furthermore, you can also top the cakes up with avocados.
If you don’t want to use Nutella, you can drizzle honey or maple syrup on top as well.
Moreover, it gives these cakes different levels of texture. Similarly, the brown sugar makes it sweet and helps in binding everything together.
This treat will make you drool and keep going back for more. These are light and fulfilling by not just taste but by the nutrients content too.