Undoubtedly, the best part of the morning is waking up to a delectable breakfast. With Cheesy Bacon and Egg Hash, you are not only serving an excellent breakfast to your family but you are also setting the tone of the new day. The whole day will surely be spent with a lot of energy.
Egg hash is already a popular breakfast menu. With this recipe, you can almost be sure that you will be doing this a couple of times in a week because you will be requested to. It’s appetizingly good-looking, delicious, and filling. What else can you look for for breakfast or brunch? This dish is truly a powerful breakfast in all aspects.
4 medium-sized potatoes (24 oz or 700 g) potatoes, scrubbed clean, peeled, and diced into ¾ inch cubes
2 tbsp. of olive oil, (or coconut oil)
7 oz. (200 g) diced bacon, (stripped of fat)
2 spring onions, (shallots) trimmed and finely sliced
4 large eggs
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
Cracked pepper to season
Stove Top Method:
- In a large cast-iron skillet or pan, heat oil over medium heat. Fry the potatoes in hot oil. Stir occasionally, until golden and crispy (about 20 minutes). Cover pan with a lid to hasten the cooking time, which is about 15 minutes. Check and stir potatoes every 4-5 minutes.
- Toss in the bacon pieces to the pan. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes until crisp. When the potatoes turn golden with crisp edges, while soft on the inside, add the spring onions and mix. Season with pepper (optional).
- Make four wells in the hash using a wooden spoon or spatula. Crack an egg into each well and arrange the mozzarella around each egg. Fry until the egg whites are set and the egg yolks are cooked to your preference.
- Serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- In a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe pan, place the potatoes in a single layer. Spray with a light coating of cooking oil spray. Bake for about 30 minutes, mixing them around halfway through cook time, until potatoes are crisp and golden.
- Remove skillet or pan from the oven. Toss in the bacon and stir. Return skillet or pan into the oven for another 10 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, make four wells in the hash. In each well, crack an egg and arrange the mozzarella around each egg. Return skillet or pan into the oven until the egg whites are set and the egg yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
The stovetop and oven methods are both great. Either way, you’ll get to enjoy the deliciousness of this breakfast recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
This recipe is as straightforward as other methods of cooking hash eggs. But you have to try this recipe. This is a hash egg meal taken to a higher level. With this recipe, you are not only making a delicious meal but you will also surely enjoy witnessing how the separate ingredients are transformed into a beautiful sight to behold that is even more beautiful when taken to the mouth.
Whether you are using the stovetop or oven method, you only have 30 minutes to spare but the results are incredibly amazing. With juicy golden potatoes, crispy potatoes, creamy cheese, and sunny side up eggs, you are like having a pot of gold for breakfast. For sure, there’s no better way to start a day than a powerful breakfast.