Nothing can beat that stubborn craving you might have in the middle of the day and the night. Snacks are the best things to have with you all the time. And when your love for cheese meets the mini handful of crispy crackers, everything seems perfect.
The crispy butter cracker with the sharp salty and cheesy flavor will melt your heart right away. These are perfect comfort food, and once you start eating them, there is no going back.
Crispy, crunchy, and cheesy homemade cheese crackers are a perfect snack for every occasion. Whether it is game night, or a simple great together, serve these crackers, and people just won’t stop eating them. Above all, the ingredients are simple, and these crackers are super easy to make.
½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ tsp corn starch
¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp butter
½ tsp sea salt
- In a food processor add cheese, cornstarch, flour, salt, and process at low speed until everything is combined for 30 seconds.
- Add butter and process for 20 seconds.
- Add water and give ten pulses.
- Prepare a work station by flouring it lightly. Transfer the dough from the mixer bowl to the work station. Knead a bit and shape it into a square block of about 6 inches.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and unwrap it.
- With the help of a rolling pin roll out the dough into a 9 inches sheet.
- Trim the edges to get an edged rectangle.
- Cut the sheet to get one by 1 inch of squares by cutting nine strips horizontally and vertically.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the squares on it at least ½ an inch apart.
- Poke four holes on the squares with a toothpick, and sprinkle a little sea salt.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 18-20 minutes.
- Once they get a golden color, remove the baking tray and let them cool.
Serve the cheese crackers once they are cooled. You can serve these with a dipping sauce of your choice. Furthermore, you can also top these up with cream cheese, diced tomatoes, etc.
You can store these rice crackers in an airtight jar for as long as a week. Make sure they are stored in an airtight jar; otherwise, they will get soggy.
If you want to add some heat to these crackers, sprinkle paprika on top.
- Prep Time: 1 hr.
- Cook Time: 16 mins
Serve them with dipping sauces, guacamole or eat them straight out of the jar. These cheese crackers are a perfect snack for any time.
Moreover, is it equally famous among kids, and if you have a toddler, make sure to make as many jars as you can because they will love nibbling on these crackers.