Grilled fish with butter and capers sauce is a delicious and flavorsome option for dinner. Marinated in butter, herbs, and lemon juice, the halibut fillets are grilled to perfection. Furthermore, the grilled fish is topped with delicious and creamy garlic butter.
Perfect dinner for weekends or date nights; this recipe is super easy to cook and is full of healthy options. However, the main flavor booster is the capers. These round, greenish-grey peppercorns are full of tangy flavor that adds punch to the whole dish. It adds a salty and buttery flavor to the fish.Print
Grilled Fish With Capers
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Enjoy a perfectly grilled and tender fish filet with delicious buttery, garlicky sauce with capers. Easy to make, this dish is infused with the goodness of basil and tangy lemon.
2 halibut fillets
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp basil, dried
2 tsp black pepper, ground
2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
¾ cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
For the capers:
2 tbsp butter, salted
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp capers, drained
- In a bowl, add police oil, minced garlic, basil, black pepper, lemon juice, salt, and parsley.
- In a plastic zipper bag, place halibut fillets and pour the prepared marinade in it. Close the zipper bag and refrigerate for an hour.
- Place the grilled pan over medium heat. Place halibut on the grilling pan and let them cook for 5 minutes on each side. Once one side is done, flip it cover to cook the other.
- Once they are done, remove them from the pan and set them on a plate.
- In a frying pan, add butter, minced garlic, and capers. Cook them for about 3 minutes.
Pour the prepared butter and capers sauce over the grilled halibut and serve with lemon wedges.
As you place the plastic bag in the refrigerator, dot forget to turn it over occasionally that the fish is marinated uniformly.
You can also use unsalted butter to prepare capers.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Capers are super easy to get. You can buy them from any grocery store. However, before you put them in the butter, you have to drain them to get the excess water out. Furthermore, if you rinse them with water, you will get rid of excess brin in them.
As for the fish, halibut has a delicious subtle fish flavor. Moreover, the marinate packs the fish with tones of flavor from the herb, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Make sure you marinate it for at least an hour to get maximum flavor into the fish.
Lastly, you can grill the fish on the stove or in an outdoor grill. Lastly, you can also bake the fish in the oven if you like. Whatever you do, the dish is full of flavors and richness.