Enjoy a perfectly grilled and tender fish filet with delicious buttery, garlicky sauce with capers. Easy to make, this dish is infused with the goodness of basil and tangy lemon.
2 halibut fillets
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp basil, dried
2 tsp black pepper, ground
2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
¾ cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
For the capers:
2 tbsp butter, salted
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp capers, drained
- In a bowl, add police oil, minced garlic, basil, black pepper, lemon juice, salt, and parsley.
- In a plastic zipper bag, place halibut fillets and pour the prepared marinade in it. Close the zipper bag and refrigerate for an hour.
- Place the grilled pan over medium heat. Place halibut on the grilling pan and let them cook for 5 minutes on each side. Once one side is done, flip it cover to cook the other.
- Once they are done, remove them from the pan and set them on a plate.
- In a frying pan, add butter, minced garlic, and capers. Cook them for about 3 minutes.
Pour the prepared butter and capers sauce over the grilled halibut and serve with lemon wedges.
As you place the plastic bag in the refrigerator, dot forget to turn it over occasionally that the fish is marinated uniformly.
You can also use unsalted butter to prepare capers.