Baked potatoes are a perfect snack to enjoy when you are hungry. They are very versatile.
In other words, you can eat baked potatoes in breakfast, as a snack, in lunch, or as a side in dinner with steaks, etc. It is by far one of the healthiest and most tasteful snacks you can eat.
If you are indulged in healthy living and count your calories, let me tell you, baked sweet potato will top your snack list. Because they take at least an hour to bake, you can prepare them ahead of your snack time. If you are someone who follows a diet routine strictly, you can enjoy this delicious snack.Print
Tuscan sausage is a wholesome and hearty soup that is perfect for lunch and dinner. This delicious soup is very healthy and has the perfect balance of flavors. With simple ingredients, you can add everything to the pot and let it cook slowly to get the maximum flavor out of the ingredients.
1 sweet potato, medium
A drizzle of olive oil
½ tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
For the Toppings:
¼ cup cooked red beans
1 tbsp feta cheese crumbles
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp black olives
- Wash the potatoes and dry them using a kitchen towel.
- Prick the sweet potatoes at various places using a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Season with salt and black paper.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for at least an hour.
- Once they are done, remove the tray from the oven and let then cook for 5 minutes.
- Slit the sweet potatoes with the help of a sharp knife enough so that they open up slightly.
- Fill them with red beans, feta cheese crumbles, and drizzle olive oil on top.
In a bowl, add sour cream and olives and mix well. Top the baked potatoes with sour cream and serve immediately.
You can also use red potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.
You can also wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil to fasten the baking process.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
To make this dish exciting and vibrant, top it up with a variety of ingredients. I love a baked sweet potato with red beans and feta. It is very filling and tasteful. However, you can choose from a variety of different ingredients. For instance, top it up with salsa or avocado slices. You can also pair it with asparagus.
Lastly, to make the dish creamy, use sour cream or low-fat Greek yogurt. Whatever you choose to pair the baked sweet potatoes with, the end result is going to be very satisfying and tasteful.