It’s not all the time that we have available seafood. When prawns are available, Seafood Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce can be the best way to go.
This right here is my personal favorite. It is super easy to make, but you will surely thank yourself later on for making it. Read this simple recipe and you will have a sumptuous dinner ahead.
Your family will surely enjoy this mouth-watering dish. Never mind partnering your prawns with cereal. With this recipe, you will know that pasta can even give you a better combination.
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 piece of red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
400 grams of thinly chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons of tomato purée
400 grams of spaghetti pasta
1 tablespoon of capers
5 tinned anchovies, finely chopped
small bunch flat-leaf parsley stems and leaves, roughly chopped
100 grams of raw squid rings
100 grams of raw king prawns, preferably with tails on
100 ml of white wine
- In a heavy-based saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Toss in chili and garlic until softened.
- Add tomatoes and puree while gently stirring occasionally. Simmer for 10 – 12 minutes until sauce is reduced and thick and the flavor is intensified. Season and set aside.
- Over medium heat, heat a pan of salted water. When boiling, add spaghetti and cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until cooked. Drain and add a little oil to avoid sticking.
- Heat over medium heat a separate frying pan with the remaining olive oil. Toss in capers, anchovies, parsley stems, squid rings, and prawns.
- Pour wine and let it simmer until it is reduced in half. Continue cooking until prawns are thoroughly cooked or turned to pink.
- Stir through tomato sauce and gently mix all the ingredients.
- Toss in the drained spaghetti and stir through the sauce.
- Serve in a large bowl sprinkling black pepper. Top with fresh parsley leaves.
- Get out of the norm with this recipe. Instead of the traditional beef, chicken, or pork that you add to your pasta, do it with a twist and make use of prawns instead. It is not only as delectable but it surely is a healthier dish.
- You can also make use of a different type of pasta if you wish to.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Pasta will never be the same with this recipe. Your family will surely ask for more after you serve this meal to them. The problem may only lie in the availability of prawns or when they become so expensive to buy.