Italian Panforte Recipe – You’ll Love It
Panforte is an Italian cake that is perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s Christmas, a birthday, or just a regular tea party, this cake knows how to make its presence known.
It is made from loads of nuts and candied fruits along with a honey and sugar syrup. It has a crunchy and moist texture with a balance of sweetness and flavor.
This step-by-step recipe is super easy to make. However, the secret behind the tasteful cake is speedy working.
The faster you work, the moister the cake will be. Furthermore, you can store this cake for up to 3 weeks. Put it in an airtight container and keep it in a dry, cool place.Print
Enjoy Italian nuts and fruit cake recipe that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with a unique Italian technique and is super moist and soft. The cake is very easy to make, and it complements tea perfectly. Top it with icing sugar and cocoa powder to enhance its flavor.
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup of sugar
1/3 cup almonds, blanched and halved
1/3 cup hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
¾ cup candied fruit
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp honey
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1/3 tsp nutmeg
1/3 tsp coriander powder
1/3 tsp cloves, grounded
1 tsp cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, add all-purpose flour and spices and set aside.
- In another bowl, add nuts and candied fruit and set aside.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add water, honey, and sugar and bring it to a boil stirring constantly.
- Let the mixture simmer for 1-2 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Pour this mixture over the nuts and candied fruit and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix well until everything is combined.
- Line a round baking pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Smooth out the surface and dust cocoa powder on top.
- Place the baking pan in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 45 minutes.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool before serving.
You can dust cocoa powder and icing sugar on the cake before serving it. Serve the cake as a dessert or along with tea or coffee.
You can choose any type of nuts according to your liking.
I choose mixed candied fruit, but you can choose any fruit you like. You can add dates as well.
Before taking the cake out of the oven, insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. If so, the cake is ready.
It is a perfect snack and fulfills your midnight sugar craving perfectly. Moreover, you can also freeze the cake by wrapping it in clingfilm.
Try this panforte recipe and give yourself a challenge to faster and more organized baking!