Carrot cakes have always been a favorite in many homes. But with this recipe, you will be assured that you are serving a moist and delicious carrot cake that will definitely make a dinner to remember.
Whether you are serving this for adult guests or to your young children, you will surely get sincere accolades for a job well done.Print
A three-layered moist carrot cake can surely be a delight in any dinner. It may be quite anti-climactic that you have to wait for a day before slicing your carrot cake and gobbling them. But for sure, the long wait will pay off with a pretty and delicious cake at your dinner table.
2 cups of granulated sugar
1 ½ cups of vegetable oil
4 fresh whole eggs
2 cups of pastry flour
1 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of baking soda
2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
3 cups of finely ground carrots
4 oz. of finely chopped walnuts
1 ½ lbs. of powdered sugar
12 oz. of cream cheese, room temperature
1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
2 oz. of margarine, room temperature
For the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease three 9-inch cake layer pans.
- Mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add dry ingredients into the wet mixture and blend well. Add in carrots and chopped nuts until well blended.
- Distribute batter evenly into 3 greased pans with 1 pound and 5 ounces of batter per pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool layers in pans, for about 1 hour. Store layers in pans, inverted, in a closed cupboard to prevent drying. Layers must be a minimum of 1 day old.
- To remove layers from the baking pan, turn upside down, tap the edge of the pan on a hard surface. Center a 9-inch cake circle on top of a revolving cake stand. Remove paper from the bottom of the layer cake.
For the Frosting:
- Place powdered sugar, vanilla, cream cheese, and margarine in a bowl. Beat at second speed until blended thoroughly. Refrigerate and use as needed.
For the Assembly:
- At the center of the cake, place the first layer, bottom side down. Evenly spread about 3 ½ ounces of frosting on the layer, using a spatula. Put the second layer at the center of the first layer topside down.
- Spread frosting on the 2nd layer once again. Place the 3rd layer on top of the second layer, topside down.
- Firmly press but gently using both hands, so all layers are adjoined firmly. Spread the remaining frost to cover the top and sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Refrigerating this carrot cake is important as it is with cream cheese. If the weather is humid, the best thing to do is make some slices and return the remaining cake to the fridge. Refrigerating is also required as it contains some fresh ingredients.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Baking a three-layered cake may seem intimidating to a first-time baker. But not at all. The long list of ingredients and procedures should not make you afraid to try this recipe. It is easy that even a first-time baker can bake this best carrot cake recipe conveniently.