If you are looking for a luxurious dinner recipe to give yourself special treatment, this recipe is perfect for you. Indulge in the deliciousness of juicy steak coated with garlic butter.
The crispy wedge potatoes add a perfect complement to the dish and bring everything together. Furthermore, the drizzle of lemon and parsley cuts through the butter and gives it a refreshing flavor.
Enjoy the flavors of garlic and lemon on the classic beef steak with delicious potato wedges. The buttery, juicy, and succulent steak pieces are a perfect treat after a tiring day.
1 rib-eye steak
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
For the Potatoes:
½ lbs. red potatoes, cut into wedges
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
- Pat steak with towel and season with salt.
- Place the skillet on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot place the steak on it and let it cook for a minute. Flip the steak to cook the other side for another minute. Flip again and cook for a minute and continue until each side is cooked for 4 minutes.
- Add unsalted butter, and flip the steak. Add garlic and let it cook.
- Continue to flip the steak until it gets coated with butter and garlic. Cook it for a total of 6 minutes.
- When the internal temperature of the steak reached 130 degrees C, remove the pan from heat. Place the steak on a cutting board and let the steak rest for five minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add potato wedges skin side up.
- Sprinkle salt and let it cook until they get golden-brown color. Flip them so another side is cooked for 12 minutes.
- In a bowl add lemon juice and parsley and mix well and set aside.
Slice the steak and serve it alongside potato wedges. Season with lemon juice.
If you don’t want to cook the steak and potato wedges in a skillet, you can sizzle them in a pan and place the pan in the oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees C as well.
You can store leftover steak and potatoes in an airtight container for 3 days.
You can also use New York cut instead of rib-eye.
You can switch baby carrots and broccoli with red potatoes as well.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
From the perfect stead, you need to make sure the steak is cooked with the right technique and that it reaches the right temperature. The perfect temperature for medium-rare steak is 130-degree C.
Furthermore, the juiciest steak is the one that is cooked at medium heat. Lastly, make sure the steak rests for at least 5 minutes before you cut it. This way, it will lock in moister, juices, and flavor.