When it comes to comfort food, there are few dishes that can rival a hearty curry. This particular recipe for curry chicken with chickpeas is not only delicious, but also packed full of nutrients that are essential for good health. Curry chicken with chickpeas is an excellent source of protein.
Protein is essential for building and repairing muscles, as well as for keeping the immune system strong. If you’re looking for a way to increase your protein intake without resorting to red meat or processed foods, this dish is a great option. Chickpeas are a good source of fiber. Fiber helps to keep the digestive system running smoothly and can also help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Rice: Curry chicken with chickpeas is traditionally served with rice, and the nutty flavor and fluffy texture of rice make it a perfect complement to this flavorful dish.
- Naan bread: Naan bread is a type of Indian flatbread that is soft, pillowy, and perfect for scooping up the sauce in your curry.
- Raita: Raita is a cooling yogurt-based dip that can help to balance the heat and spice in the curry. It is typically made with cucumber, mint, and other herbs.
- Mango chutney: Mango chutney is a sweet and tangy condiment that can provide a nice contrast to the rich and savory flavors in the curry.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables like cauliflower or carrots can provide a nutritious and flavorful side dish to balance out the protein and starch in the curry.
- Indian pickles: Indian pickles, such as mango or lime pickle, can add a nice tangy and spicy flavor to the curry chicken with chickpeas.
- Papadum: Papadum is a crispy Indian flatbread that is often served as an appetizer or alongside a main course. Its crunchiness makes it a nice contrast to the soft textures of the curry and chickpeas.
So why not give curry chicken with chickpeas a try? It’s an easy recipe to make, and you’ll be sure to enjoy the flavor and health benefits.Print
Work Smarter Not Harder
There are several kitchen appliances that can make it easier to make curry chicken with chickpeas:
- Slow cooker: A slow cooker can make it easy to cook curry chicken with chickpeas without having to watch it constantly. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, set the temperature and timer, and let it cook slowly for several hours.
- Immersion blender: An immersion blender can be used to blend the curry sauce right in the pot, making it smooth and creamy without having to transfer it to a blender or food processor.
- Rice cooker: A rice cooker can make perfectly fluffy rice every time with minimal effort, leaving you free to focus on preparing the curry chicken and chickpeas.
- Food processor: A food processor can be used to quickly chop onions, garlic, and other ingredients for the curry sauce, saving time and effort.
- Pressure cooker: A pressure cooker can significantly reduce the cooking time for curry chicken with chickpeas, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
- Spice grinder: A spice grinder can be used to grind whole spices like cumin and coriander, resulting in fresher and more flavorful spices for the curry.
- Chopper: A chopper can be used to quickly chop vegetables like onions, carrots, and bell peppers, making meal preparation faster and easier.
Want to have a recipe published? Simply go to our Contact Page, scroll down and fill out the submission form. We look forward to reading about your favorite dishes!