Baked Ricotta Cake
You might have tried different types of cheese cakes but this baked ricotta cheese is a delicious new dish that you should try.
Made with ricotta and cream cheese, you get a creamy, silky texture with the crisp of the homemade pastry at the bottom.Print
Indulge in the creamy texture and tasteful sweet flavor of ricotta cheese bake that is a shift from the simple cheese cake.
½ cup unsalted butter, chopped
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup plus 6 tbsp caster sugar
1/3 cup ricotta
½ cup cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extracts
A pinch salt
- In an electric mixing bowl, add butter and 6 tbsp of caster sugar. beat at medium speed until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add 1 egg and beat until it is well combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- As the dough is ready, take it out of the bowl, shape it with your hands, and cut one-third of it. Flatten it in a rectangular shape and wrap it with clingwrap.
- Shape the remaining dough into a rectangle as well and wrap clingwrap on it as well.
- Place both dough blocks in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Roll out the chunky dough between two parchment papers according to the size of a rectangular pan. Grease the pan and line the rolled pastry to fit the pan. Trim out excess edges.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and set it aside to cool down completely.
- Roll the smaller portion of dough between parchment papers and cut them into 3 cm wide strips. Place them in the refrigerator until further use.
- In a mixer bowl, add ricotta, cream cheese, and beat until you get a smooth texture.
- Add vanilla extracts, remaining sugar, and whisked eggs and beat until everything is well combined.
- Remove the pastry strips from the refrigerator and line them on the sides of the baking pan so that they touch the edges of the cooked pastry.
- Pour the cheese mixture and smooth the top.
- Place the baking pan on the baking tray and in a preheated oven at 160 degrees C for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
Once the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and set it aside until it is completely cool. Then remove from the baking pan and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Don’t overbeat the cheese mixture or on high speed otherwise, it will get split.
Try this finger-licking and satisfying ricotta cake and I bet you will love it!