Tuscan sausage is a wholesome and hearty soup that is perfect for lunch and dinner. This delicious soup is very healthy and has the perfect balance of flavors. With simple ingredients, you can add everything to the pot and let it cook slowly to get the maximum flavor out of the ingredients.
4 turkey sausages, casing removed
1 ½ cup kale, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ yellow onions, diced
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 cups passata
3 cups chicken broth
¾ tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a pot, add olive oil. Once it is heated, add onions and sauté for a minute or two. Add breakup turkey sausage and mix well.
- Add carrot, celery, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add passata, chicken broth, chickpea, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring the soup to boil and reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 6 hours.
- As the soup is done, add red bell peppers and kale and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve the soup hot alongside your favorite piece of bread.
If you want to cook it speedily, you can make it in an instant cooker. However, you will have to adjust the timing. You can prepare this soup in an instant cooker for as long as 90 minutes.
Store this soup in an airtight jar. You can reheat it later and enjoy the flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins