Tart, sweet, incredibly easy to make, and, of course, delicious – that’s what this key lime pie is. This dessert starts with a graham cracker crust that is then filled with a creamy filling. It is so irresistible!
1 1/2 c. Graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter (melted)
28 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. light sour cream
3/4 c. key lime juice
Zest from 4 key limes
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a pie pan.
- Bake for about 17 minutes and cool for half an hour.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, sour cream, and lime zest.
- Pour mixture into the prepared Graham crust.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool slightly before chilling.
- Chill for about half an hour.
- Using a mixer, beat together heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla.
- Pipe the whipped cream on top of the pie.
- Top with more lime zest if desired.
- To add the whipped cream topping, you can also simply spread it over the cake. Or if you opt to pipe it, be creative with it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes