Enjoy a healthy and flavorful option for your next outdoor grilling event with these delicious grilled veggie skewers. Packed with essential vitamins and minerals, these colorful skewers are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
1 large red onion, cut into chunks
2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
2 cups of cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the vegetables onto skewers, alternating between each vegetable.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the skewers with the oil mixture, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the vegetables are tender and lightly charred, remove them from the grill and serve immediately.
- Properly Prepare and Marinate the Vegetables: Cut the vegetables into evenly sized pieces to ensure even cooking. Soaking the wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before grilling will help prevent them from burning. Additionally, marinating the vegetables in a flavorful marinade for at least 30 minutes (or even overnight) will enhance their taste and tenderness.
- Preheat the Grill and Oil the Grates: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat before adding the skewers. This will help prevent the vegetables from sticking to the grates. Once the grill is hot, lightly brush the grates with oil using a heat-resistant brush or a piece of folded paper towel soaked in oil. This will further reduce the chances of the skewers sticking and make them easier to turn.
- Pay Attention to Cooking Time and Rotation: Grill the skewers over direct heat, turning them occasionally to ensure that all sides cook evenly. The cooking time will depend on the size and type of vegetables, but generally, it takes around 8-12 minutes. Keep a close eye on the skewers to prevent them from overcooking or charring. Remove the skewers from the grill when the vegetables are tender and have achieved a slight char or grill marks.
By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to achieving perfectly cooked and flavorful grilled veggie skewers that are sure to impress your guests.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes