This Creamed Spinach Casserole is a delicious side dish. It could even be your lunch if you want to keep your meal light. With the combination of condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and butter, you can enjoy a creamy meal. And the spinach? Oh so healthy!
20 ounces frozen spinach (chopped)
1/2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (not diluted)
1/4 c. milk
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. butter, melted (plus more for bread crumbs)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by cooking the spinach in the microwave, following the package instructions. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine soup, cheese, milk, melted butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until just warmed through and combined.
- Add the spinach to the saucepan and mix well.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish and then pour the spinach mixture in.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake casserole for about 30 minutes.
- When draining the spinach, squeeze them tightly in a dishtowel. This should help wring out all of the extra liquid more efficiently.
- To butter the bread crumbs, simply add about 2 tablespoons of butter to a cup of bread crumbs and then stir to combine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes