Bite-size pasta, high-quality cheddar cheese, and a creamy sauce – these are what make this delicious Classic Mac and Cheese. It’s comfort food, indeed. Creamy and dreamy! Adults and kids will surely love it!
About 1 1/2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni (1/2 pounds)
3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 1/2 c. milk (any kind)
3/4 c. half and half
2 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a square baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta al dente following the packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and then blend in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and half and half slowly, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Stir just until melted.
- Add the cooked macaroni pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese. Add the remaining pasta mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese on top has melted.
- Serve with your choice of vegetable or side salad.