The secret to an excellent pesto pasta is its juiciness – not dry but not too oily. That’s exactly what this recipe would yield. Make it like a real Italian!
12 ounces spaghetti pasta
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup pasta cooking water
Parmesan, for serving
1/4 c. pine nuts
2 c. fresh basil leaves
1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 garlic clove
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt.
- Add pasta and cook following the instructions on the packaging.
- Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta using a colander and leave it for about a minute.
- Transfer pasta to a bowl and add the pesto sauce and about 1/4 cup of water. Toss to coat the pasta in pesto. Add more water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Do NOT add oil.
- Add the pine nuts and toast until light brown. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place all the ingredients EXCEPT THE OIL in a blender or food processor, and blitz until finely chopped.
- Slowly pour the oil in while the motor is running. Blitz until smooth.
- You can substitute the spaghetti pasta with ziti, penne, or any of your favorites.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes