Cream Cheese-Stuffed Mushroom is a very simple dish that you can serve as an appetizer or even as a snack. It can be a side dish as well. Made with baby mushrooms, butter, garlic, breadcrumbs, cream cheese, Parmesan, and some herbs, it is oozing with amazing flavors!
Cooking spray (for pan)
1 1/2 pounds baby mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (add more for topping)
4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (add more for garnish)
1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms. Roughly chop the stems.
- Place the mushroom caps on the baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for about 5 minutes or until most of the moisture is out.
- Add the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant and then add the breadcrumbs. Cook for about 3 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- Season with salt and pepper and then remove from heat.
- Mix together mushroom stem mixture, cream cheese, Parmesan, thyme, and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each mushroom cap with filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and the tops are golden.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- For this recipe, you can use baby mushrooms, brown mushrooms, or white button mushrooms.