Most people love granola bars for snacking purposes. But if you are looking for a new recipe to replace granola bars, try oats and pistachio bars.
Made from two main ingredients i.e., rolled oats and raw pistachios, these bars are full of nutrients. Whether it’s mid-night snacking or evening snacking, these bars are a perfect way to satisfy your untimely hunger.
Above all, these bars are plant-based and are ideal for those who look for vegan recipes. Jam-packed with nutrients; these bars are also ideal as post-gym snacks. Pistachios are known to prevent heart diseases, control your blood pressure, blood sugar level, and cholesterol.Print
Oat and Pistachio bars
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Crunchy, energizing, and delicious pistachio and oats bars are a perfect choice for snacking. These are light, fulfilling, and easy to make. Enjoy these tasteful, crunchy, and fulfilling energy bars.
1 cup pistachios, raw
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
½ tsp salt
¼ cup chopped pistachios
- In a food processor bowl, add oats, and pistachios and process for 30 seconds.
- As the processor is running, add salt, olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Continue until it takes the shape of a dry-wet dough.
- Line an 8-inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the food processor bowl and pour it into a baking tray.
- Press the dough so that it has a smoother surface and sprinkle roughly chopped pistachios and coconut flakes.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 10 to 13 minutes or until the coconut flakes get a golden-brown color.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, remove the dough from the baking tray and place it on a cutting board.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and cut into 2 inches bars.
Serve these bars when cooled.
You can store these bars in an airtight jar for up to a week.
If you are looking for a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free oats.
You can switch maple syrup with honey as well.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
Furthermore, oats are high in antioxidants, filling, and also aids in weight loss. In short, these bars are a perfect way to boost your health and fitness and keep your body on a right track.
This recipe is super easy to make and it will literally take 5 minutes to prepare it. Because these are baked, you can prepare these in bulk and store them in an airtight container to enjoy the rest of the week.
It is also a perfect gift for the holidays. Inspire others to indulge in preparing and including homemade bars into their diets and to choose a healthy lifestyle.