Dive in the delicious and creamy texture of nougat. Made with simple ingredients, this recipe includes roasted almonds that add a crunchy texture to the dish.
2 sheets of edible rice paper
¾ cup almonds, blanched
1 ¼ cup sugar
2 ½ tbsp water
¾ cup glucose syrup
1 egg white
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place rice papers side by side and cut them into an 18 x 28 cm to get two rectangles.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place rice papers on it.
- Spread blanched almonds over a baking tray and place the tray in a preheated oven at 170 degrees C for 7 minutes.
- Once they are golden-brown, cool the almonds, chop, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar, water, glucose syrup and place on medium heat.
- Stir constantly for about 8 minutes until everything is well dissolved.
- In an electric mixer bowl, add egg whites and whisk until they turn white and foamy. Reduce the speed and pour in the sugar and glucose mixture slowing and continue to whisk for 3 minutes.
- Pour in almonds and vanilla extracts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish over rice papers.
- Place the baking tray in a cool dry place to set for about 6 minutes.
Once the nougat is set, remove it from the baking dish and place it on the cutting board. Cut into slices and enjoy.
As you boil the sugar mixture, use a wet brush to brush the edges so that there is no crystallization.
Before you pour in the sugar mixture into the egg whites, make sure the electric mixer is at low speed.
Make sure the mixture is 120 degrees C before pouring in the sugar.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins